RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — In today’s job alert we continue to look at some of the best “side jobs” as ranked by AARP, although some make great full-time jobs, too.
A medical coder is ranked among the top 20.
I found a few openings locally.
Duke needs a Medical Records Coder for Vendor Services. You’ll review medical records and check for the specificity of diagnosis, procedures, and reimbursement. You’ll review information from medical records.
You need a high school diploma, two years coding experience, and coding certification.
Pulse 8 also needs a coder, though this position is remote, temporary, and part-time.
You’ll work up to 30 hours a week. The job requires you to look for any vendor diagnostic issues then offer feedback and guidance in correcting those errors.
You need coding certification, plus past experience working with medical coding.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NCSU football parents allowed to attend home opener
- Durham armed robbery leads to police chase that ended in crash
- Trump pledges woman for court, pushes Senate to move on pick
- Memorial ride held in honor of Garner murdered teen
- Fayetteville 2-year-old dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now