RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – CBS 17 reported how the state is hiring to help in tracing cases of coronavirus and we’re digging deeper to find out more about the specific types of jobs available.
One opportunity is for a case investigator.
Essentially, you’ll follow up with people with confirmed cases. Most will be by phone or e-mail, but an in-person visit might be necessary.
You will need to have a high school education, past nursing experience is a plus, you will need access to a laptop, and also a car.
Another position is a contact tracer.
You’ll contact people who’ve been identified as having close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19. You must be willing to go into the field to track down people and interview them.
The position is based at home, but you will need high-speed internet and access to a car.
Click here to see all the job openings.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Change in how DHHS reports COVID deaths gives clearer view of spikes, trends
- At least 4 Fayetteville Goodyear employees test positive for COVID-19
- Wilson man dies after being shot in 911 caller’s front yard, police say
- Work-at-home offers are the most-common scam while many in NC are unemployed, BBB says
- Raleigh police investigating hazmat situation near auto shop
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now