RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Gov. Roy Cooper announced Tuesday that the state will be taking another step toward Phase 3 of reopening with larger outdoor event venues being able to open at 7 percent.
The next phase begins Oct. 2.
“We share this news today so those outdoor venues with seating capacity of more than 10,000 can begin preparations that are key to safely re-opening their doors to have a limited amount of socially distanced fans,” Cooper said.
Tuesday’s announcement comes as North Carolina reports 195,549 lab-confirmed cases, 1,168 new cases reported since Monday and 905 people in the hospital.
The total number of deaths attributed to the virus is 3,286.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
- Man buys car for stranger after learning of ‘distraught’ single mother’s plight
- Idaho men charged with conspiring to sell hard-to-trace guns in North Carolina
- Lara Trump and ‘Diamond and Silk’ to appear in Johnston County Wednesday