RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — With thousands of cases worldwide, including many in the United States, a majority of Americans say they are concerned about contracting COVID-19 (coronavirus).
According to a study by Eligibility, 56% of Americans are concerned about getting the virus.
The coronavirus has been declared a global emergency by the WHO and many people are panicking regarding the virus and how quickly it spreads. Eligibility decided to look at which countries are googling the coronavirus the most and compare that to where the virus has actually spread to.
America came in 22nd as far as countries googling the virus and 57% believe the virus to be deadlier than the flu.
Eligibility found that Canada is googling “Coronavirus” more than any other country.
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now