RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN)– North Carolina is reporting 42 more deaths related to COVID-19, according to the latest data from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
This is the third straight day of at least 40 COVID-19 related deaths, according to NCDHHS data. The state now attributes 2,134 deaths to the virus.
North Carolina added 1,545 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, bringing the state’s total to 132,812.
Hospitalizations due to COVID-19 decreased for the second day in a row with 1,123 currently hospitalized, down from 1,147 reported on Thursday.
To date, the state has completed 1,939,812 COVID-19 tests.
Latest COVID-19 headlines:
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Barnes & Noble and rue21 are hiring
- Dr. Birx: No pressure on CDC from White House to relax school guidelines
- Nash UNC Health Care confirms ‘recent increase’ in COVID-19 cases among staff
- Are kids safe from coronavirus in school? Dr. Birx answers COVID-19 questions tonight on NewsNation
- Stimulus check update: Pelosi, Mnuchin do not reach agreement
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now