RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina added 983 more lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours as 11,349 tests were completed.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said there are a total of 45,102 confirmed cases since the beginning of the pandemic.
A total of 638,479 tests have been completed.
NCDHHS said 1,118 deaths are being attributed to the virus.
Hospitalizations dropped by just one patient since Sunday. NCDHHS said 797 people are hospitalized due to the virus.
Gov. Roy Cooper is scheduled to speak at 2 p.m. on COVID-19 in the state. You can watch it live on cbs17.com.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman charged in connection with 5-year-old Wilson boy’s August murder
- Coronavirus trends improving at NC university weeks after housing changes
- Analysts break down why NC Senate debate may have swayed undecided voters toward Cunningham
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- Key moments from Tuesday night’s NC Senate debate
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now