RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina added more than 1,342 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Monday, the sixth day in a row where over 1,000 cases were added within a 24-hour period, according to data.
The 1,342 new cases are from 14,400 completed tests.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said there are 63,484 total lab-confirmed cases and 886,305 tests have been completed.
Hospitalizations dipped to 843 from 890 on Sunday.
NCDHHS is now reporting 1,325 deaths from the virus, an increase of three from Sunday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Astronomers find ‘Milky Way look-alike’ baby galaxy 12 billion light-years from Earth
- Report: U.S. Postal Service warns 46 states about mail voting delays including North Carolina
- This NC woman turned 116 and is the oldest person in the U.S.
- Durham residents want peace as police adjust to combat surge in gun violence
- Students concerned after COVID-19 clusters confirmed at UNC housing
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now