RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina added more than 1,342 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Monday, the sixth day in a row where over 1,000 cases were added within a 24-hour period, according to data.
The 1,342 new cases are from 14,400 completed tests.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said there are 63,484 total lab-confirmed cases and 886,305 tests have been completed.
Hospitalizations dipped to 843 from 890 on Sunday.
NCDHHS is now reporting 1,325 deaths from the virus, an increase of three from Sunday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Remains of missing Texas soldier identified, family lawyer says
- Friends remember woman killed by ‘celebratory gunfire’ in Durham
- I-40 west reopens after deadly crash near S. Saunders Street in Raleigh
- Severe thunderstorm warning expires for Johnston County, part of Harnett County
- 1st arrest in NC lake under law named for teen killed by drunk boater
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now