RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – COVID-19-related hospitalizations in North Carolina dropped for the second day in a row, according to the state health department.
The state has not seen a similar trend in hospitalizations since June 25.
A total of 1,040 patients are in the hospital with the virus.
There are 87,528 lab-confirmed cases of coronavirus across the state after 1,827 positive results came back over the last 24 hours.
More than 1.2 million tests have been completed.
Seven more deaths are being attributed to the virus with the total reaching 1,510.
Also Monday, state health officials said 67,124 have recovered from the virus.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say