RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina added 4,479 new lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Monday – the lowest daily total since Dec. 7 (4,372).
After dropping for three-straight days, hospitalizations increased again from 2,777 on Sunday to 2,817 on Monday, according to data from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
NCDHHS said the daily percent positive report on Monday was 11 percent. Monday’s number reflects cases and tests from Saturday.
North Carolina has had more than 6.4 million tests completed revealing 483,647 total cases.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Government offers plan to release more endangered red wolves in North Carolina
- Rockets hit Iraq airbase hosting US troops
- Black market for marijuana still thriving even as more states legalize it for medicinal, recreational use
- No fans from abroad for postponed Tokyo Olympics, report says
- Bowl bought for $35 at yard sale turns out to be artifact worth up to $500,000