RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina is reporting 674 new positive COVID-19 cases within a 24-hour period, bringing the total to 29,263, according to the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
There are 898 deaths being blamed on the virus, an increase of 12 from 886 deaths reported on Sunday.
A total of 650 hospitalizations were reported on Monday by health officials, an increase of one from Sunday’s numbers.
According to Monday’s statistics, a total of 421,908 tests have been completed. Only 5,619 of those tests were completed on Sunday.
Around 12-percent of the tests processed Sunday came back positive.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 10-time Langley Speedway champion Shawn Balluzzo dies following crash
- Advice on how to talk to your kids about race, current racial tensions
- Friday, July 10th : Talking to your kids about race, current tensions
- Search of lake for missing “Glee” star Naya Rivera to resume Sunday
- Police execute search warrant at mansion of gun-toting couple
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now