RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina again recorded a new record in the number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 across the state.
A total of 1,142 people are in the hospital in relation to the virus – breaking the previous record set Tuesday with 1,109, according to the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases grew to 91,266 after an additional 1,782 new cases were reported Wednesday.
More than 1.2 million tests have been completed since the beginning of the pandemic in North Carolina.
The number of deaths attributed to the disease grew to 1,568, an increase of 16 from Tuesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham residents want peace as police adjust to combat surge in gun violence
- Students concerned after COVID-19 clusters confirmed at UNC housing
- Despite cancellation, dozens turn out for vigil honoring Cannon Hinnant
- Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death, police say
- UPDATE: Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now