RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina health officials added 1,972 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Thursday – the most since 1,979 were reported on Aug. 6.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said 21,375 tests were returned over the last 24 hours as a total of 2 million tests have been completed.
Hospitalizations moved back up to 1,023 from 1,001 being reported on Wednesday.
A total of 2,465 deaths are being attributed to the virus, an increase of 34 from Wednesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 4 face child neglect charges after 7 children found in ‘deplorable’ conditions, SC deputies say
- Greensboro police seek help identifying woman who robbed bank
- With no big winner Friday, Mega Millions prize jumps to $850 million
- Fight leads to gunfire inside Greenville Mall
- Goodwin, Notre Dame hold off Boston College 80-70