WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has become the latest world leader to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden on his election victory, saying she offered to share her nation’s expertise on dealing the coronavirus.
Ardern said the tone of the 20-minute phone call Monday was warm and that Biden spoke very favorably about how New Zealand was handling the pandemic.
Ardern said the two also discussed trade issues and climate change, and talked about Biden’s Irish heritage and his fond memories of visiting New Zealand a few years ago.
She said she invited him to come visit again.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway