RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – An employee at a North Raleigh Harris Teeter grocery store tested positive for coronavirus, according to company spokesperson Danna Robinson.
The employee works at the store located at 14520 John Rex Blvd. in the Wakefield community.
“The associate is under the care of a physician. We are supporting them and wish them all the best in their recovery,” Robinson said in an email.
Robinson added that Harris Teeter, upon learning of the case, worked closely with appropriate agencies, followed all sanitation and cleaning procedures, and communicated with and supported the employee.
“We will continue to follow guidance from local, state and federal agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations,” Robinson wrote.
Robinson also provided this information related to risk for COVID-19:
More COVID-19 coverage:
- NC reports first confirmed case of dog with virus that causes COVID-19
- 14-year-old contracts COVID-19: ‘I thought I was going to die’
- 10 things you can do to nail your Zoom job interview
- NC lawmakers, health experts gather to discuss COVID-19 ahead of public school openings next week
- What do the kids say? K-12 students sound off on going back to school