RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – An employee at a North Raleigh Harris Teeter grocery store tested positive for coronavirus, according to company spokesperson Danna Robinson.
The employee works at the store located at 14520 John Rex Blvd. in the Wakefield community.
“The associate is under the care of a physician. We are supporting them and wish them all the best in their recovery,” Robinson said in an email.
Robinson added that Harris Teeter, upon learning of the case, worked closely with appropriate agencies, followed all sanitation and cleaning procedures, and communicated with and supported the employee.
“We will continue to follow guidance from local, state and federal agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations,” Robinson wrote.
Robinson also provided this information related to risk for COVID-19:
More COVID-19 coverage:
- Tiger at New York City zoo tests positive for coronavirus
- Raleigh nursing students ready to graduate, help amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Moore County reports 1st coronavirus death
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson hospitalized for coronavirus; pregnant fiancee is recovering
- COVID-19 cases and deaths continue to rise in NC with 261 hospitalized, nearly 2,600 cases