RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – An employee at a North Raleigh Harris Teeter grocery store tested positive for coronavirus, according to company spokesperson Danna Robinson.
The employee works at the store located at 14520 John Rex Blvd. in the Wakefield community.
“The associate is under the care of a physician. We are supporting them and wish them all the best in their recovery,” Robinson said in an email.
Robinson added that Harris Teeter, upon learning of the case, worked closely with appropriate agencies, followed all sanitation and cleaning procedures, and communicated with and supported the employee.
“We will continue to follow guidance from local, state and federal agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations,” Robinson wrote.
Robinson also provided this information related to risk for COVID-19:
More COVID-19 coverage:
- Clinic offering free COVID-19 testing for uninsured Franklin County residents
- Nearly 500 new cases of COVID-19, 7 deaths reported in NC in 24 hours
- NC nurse returns home after helping at NYC hospital for 6 weeks during COVID-19 pandemic
- Cary pool hall owner among NC businesses frustrated about reopening rules
- Social distancing rules apply — even in pools, rivers and the ocean