RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – An employee at a North Raleigh Harris Teeter grocery store tested positive for coronavirus, according to company spokesperson Danna Robinson.
The employee works at the store located at 14520 John Rex Blvd. in the Wakefield community.
“The associate is under the care of a physician. We are supporting them and wish them all the best in their recovery,” Robinson said in an email.
Robinson added that Harris Teeter, upon learning of the case, worked closely with appropriate agencies, followed all sanitation and cleaning procedures, and communicated with and supported the employee.
“We will continue to follow guidance from local, state and federal agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations,” Robinson wrote.
Robinson also provided this information related to risk for COVID-19:
More COVID-19 coverage:
- Target, Costco among big retailers keeping mask mandate in Texas
- Local establishments like 42nd Street Oyster Bar starting to hire new staff as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- How can you travel safely? WakeMed doctor discusses minimizing risk
- Getting answers: How to communicate with deaf people while wearing a mask
- ‘Morally compromised’: US bishops discourage Catholics from getting J&J vaccine