RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Sheetz is launching a new Kidz Meal Bagz program. The program will offer free food to help children and families in need during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Meal Bagz launches Thursday and includes a turkey sandwich, chips, and a drink.
“The spread of COVID-19 and subsequent school closures has left many children across the communities we serve without a reliable food source,” said Travis Sheetz, President & COO of Sheetz, Inc. “It is our hope Sheetz’s Kidz Meal Bagz program will make a small difference and provide nourishment to those in need during these uncertain times.”
Families who are interested in taking advantage of this free program should go to a participating Sheetz location and ask an employee at the register for the meal.
The Kidz Meal Bagz program will be available at 294 stores across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia.
Meals will be available daily for two weeks while supplies last.
Here is a list of participating locations.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pentagon puts military police on alert to go to Minneapolis
- Protest over George Floyd’s death planned in Raleigh Saturday afternoon
- 2 hospitalized after chlorine leak near 2 Raleigh nursing homes
- Car crash closes Glenwood Ave. at Raleigh’s Five Points, police say
- Charlotte police declare George Floyd protest an ‘unlawful assembly’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now