CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, S.C. (WIS) – A South Carolina deputy saved an unconscious infant that was diagnosed with COVID-19.
On Oct. 20, Deputy Shawn Gopaul was dispatched to the Pageland, South Carolina area in reference to an unresponsive infant.
Upon arrival, Gopaul began administering CPR until EMS arrived.
The infant was transported from the scene by ambulance to Monroe then airlifted to a hospital in Charlotte.
The infant has since returned home and is recovering from coronavirus.
Gopaul was quarantined following this encounter and tested negative for coronavirus.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Girlfriend charged with murder after man killed in stabbing, SC police say
- Mom of slain teen is shot during burial service; son was among 2 killed by Florida deputies
- ALERT DAY: Rain and storms bring threat of damaging wind, tornadoes Monday morning
- NC man charged with murder in Transylvania County shooting, deputies say
- Former Trump aide sues over Russia probe surveillance, claims he was ‘unlawful spying’ victim
Copyright 2020 WIS. All rights reserved.