COLUMBIA, S.C. (WNCN) – South Carolina has reported the state’s first COVID-19-related death.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control said an elderly person who was a resident of Lexington Medical Center Extended Care Skilled Nursing Facility died.
The patient was from Lexington County and SCDHEC is working with the extended care facility to identify all contacts and is providing guidance about infection control measures to prevent spread.
South Carolina has 28 cases of coronavirus.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
- Man seriously injured after being shot during carjacking in Fayetteville, police say
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida