SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Starbucks is giving away free coffee nationwide to first responders and healthcare workers dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement, the coffee chain said the promotion is underway now through May 3.
Any customer who identifies themselves as a first responder or worker in the healthcare system will receive a free tall coffee.
Those who are eligible include:
Hospital and medical staff, researchers
The deal is applicable at participating Starbucks locations across the U.S.
Since the start of the pandemic, Starbucks shuttered many of its locations and limited services to drive-through services only.
Additionally, Starbucks said its foundation will also be donating $500,000 to organizations delivering care packages and needed medical items such as personal protective equipment.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 6-year-old shot in Nash County, deputies say
- Beware of scam involving FEMA handing out $500 to those affected by COVID-19
- 3,500 NC prisoners to be released early following lawsuit settlement
- Texas will end mask mandate, allow businesses to reopen ‘100%’
- Sponsored Content: Put Your Tax Return to Good Use & Invest in Upgrading Your Floors