GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) — The leader of a north Georgia megachurch who has been a spiritual adviser to President Donald Trump has tested positive for COVID-19.
News outlets report Jentezen Franklin was absent from Sunday services at Free Chapel in Gainesville. Pastor Javon Ruff announced the diagnosis during Free Chapel’s Sunday service.
The diagnosis came within days of Franklin attending a Christmas party at the White House.
More than a dozen parties at the White House have been criticized for being held indoors and not enforcing masks, but a church spokesperson says Franklin’s infection wasn’t related to that visit.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Canes run away in 3rd period as fans return to PNC Arena after more than a year
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Man charged in 2 murders in Durham linked to string of armed robberies, violent carjacking, police say
- GOP senator delays COVID-19 relief bill vote by forcing all 628 pages to be read out loud
- 17% of food production globally wasted, UN report estimates