HOLLY, Mich. (WOOD) — Police on Michigan’s east side are looking for a shopper caught on camera wiping his nose on a clerk who reminded him about the store’s mandatory mask policy.
The incident happened around 1:30 p.m. Saturday at a Dollar Tree store in the Oakland County village of Holly, located about 55 miles northwest of Detroit.
The Holly Police Department says the man wasn’t wearing a mask when he walked into the store on North Saginaw Street. When a worker advised him that in-store customers must wear a mask as stated in notices posted on the store doors, police say the man retaliated.
Surveillance video posted on the police department’s Facebook page shows the shopper walk up to the clerk and wipe his nose and face on her shirt. Police say he told her “Here, I will use this as a mask” as he did it.
Police say the man “continued to be loud and disruptive inside the store” before leaving. He was last seen in a white possibly Ford model window van.
Anyone who recognizes the man or has additional information about this incident is encouraged to call police at (248) 634-8221 and reference case incident No. 20-2977.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest neighbors of husband accused of killing wife say there was history of domestic violence
- 580+ videos released by Raleigh police capture candid moments of officers during George Floyd protests
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now