(NEXSTAR) – Waffle House announced Tuesday that it will be closing hundreds of restaurants as COVID-19 cases grow across the United States.
The beloved Georgia-based chain known for staying open 24 hours a day all year long, will be temporarily shuttering 365 locations.
Another 1,627 are slated to remain open as of Tuesday. If you have a deep hunger for biscuits and gravy or a pecan waffle, customers are encouraged to call in carryout orders.
On March 15, Waffle House wrote in a Facebook post that they are “trying our best to keep our Customers and Associates safe, and also keep our nearly 45,000 Associates employed.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: After devastating Panthers loss, conversation still swirls on who is to blame
- City finds 40 Housing Code violations at Durham apartments
- Local artist Jay James rocks out to ‘Watch The Leaves’
- Mental Wellness Wednesday: Start reconnecting with others using these simple steps
- Game-winning shot helps Texas edge UNC in Maui Invitational final