(NEXSTAR) – Waffle House announced Tuesday that it will be closing hundreds of restaurants as COVID-19 cases grow across the United States.
The beloved Georgia-based chain known for staying open 24 hours a day all year long, will be temporarily shuttering 365 locations.
Another 1,627 are slated to remain open as of Tuesday. If you have a deep hunger for biscuits and gravy or a pecan waffle, customers are encouraged to call in carryout orders.
On March 15, Waffle House wrote in a Facebook post that they are “trying our best to keep our Customers and Associates safe, and also keep our nearly 45,000 Associates employed.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- LIVE: Biden to mark ‘Bloody Sunday’ by signing voting-rights order
- Portion of I-95 South near Fayetteville expected to be closed until 10 a.m.
- 5 ways COVID-19 might affect your tax bill
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended