OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – An Oklahoma billionaire is making it his mission to change the high cost of insulin in our country.
Harold Hamm founded Continental Resources, one of the biggest companies in the state. Hamm is also the namesake behind the Harold Hamm Diabetes Center in Oklahoma City.
Hamm, who has Type 1 diabetes, doesn’t have to worry about affording his insulin now. However, he says he knows how insulin costs can affect a family.
Now, he is bringing the fight to Washington to raise awareness on the issue.
“Well, my goal is to find a solution and, you know, enough is enough and what we’re asking for is let’s make these changes to make it right,” Hamm said.
- NC island where Isaias made landfall attracts sightseers; residents seek privacy
- Black Lives Matter billboard beside Confederate flag in Pittsboro may come down soon
- Many near UNC seen wearing masks, socially distancing amid crackdown effort
- NC teachers rally for 2nd coronavirus relief bill that they say would help education
- Dirt bike rider seriously injured in collision with SUV in Fayetteville
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now