RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Three different Wake County high schools each confirmed a COVID-19 case within their athletic programs Tuesday, according to announcements from each school.
Panther Creek, Heritage, and Fuquay-Varina high schools each have a case of COVID-19. In each case, the person who tested positive is a member of an athletic team, but none of the three schools specified which team.
Panther Creek High School said the individual in its case was last on campus on Oct. 21. The person to test positive from Fuquay-Varina High School was last on campus on Oct. 20. At Heritage High School, the individual was last there on Oct. 22.
All three schools said they are working closely with the county health department to identify close contacts and notify them.
“There is nothing for you to do unless you are contacted by your local health department. If you are contacted by your local health department, please respond immediately and follow their instructions,” all three schools said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ALERT DAY: Rain and storms bring threat of damaging wind, tornadoes Monday morning
- NC man charged with murder in Transylvania County shooting, deputies say
- Former Trump aide sues over Russia probe surveillance, claims he was ‘unlawful spying’ victim
- Late TD, 2nd chance at extra point give Vikings 28-27 edge over Carolina Panthers
- 11 injured in mass shooting at biker bar in Mississippi