PENDER COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) – Several Hampstead area students who may have been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 at an off-campus, recreational athletic event have been advised to quarantine at home.
Pender County Schools (PCS) consulted with the Pender County Health Department (PCHD) and recommended the individuals quarantine out of an abundance of caution for the safety and welfare of other students, staff and teachers.
The potential exposure is being investigated by the PCHD staff who will provide medical guidance to affected families.
PCS and PCHD encourage families to continue to follow state-issued health and safety guidelines.
Any individuals who become aware of any interaction with others who have tested positive for COVID-19 should contact their school’s principal immediately.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2 injured after police officer drives car through crowd of 100 at street race
- NC teen and woman among 4 killed after car crashes into pond in Myrtle Beach
- Flight to Raleigh from Florida hits bird on takeoff; jet returns to gate
- Man injured in daytime shooting in Durham, police say
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.