(CNN Newsource) – There are country musicians, and then there’s Dolly Parton.
The popular hits of the lovable living legend will be given new life on Netflix.
Parton’s eight-episode series “Heartstrings” will debut on Friday.
Parton will play a few roles, provide voice overs and introduce the episodes.
The series will tell the stories and inspirations behind some of her songs.
Netflix describes it as: “Eight stories celebrating family, faith, love and forgiveness.”
- As violence continues to surge in Durham, mom recounts close call with stray bullet into son’s bedroom
- Hispanic engineer shapes cityscapes, skylines in NC and beyond
- Hoke County man’s case draws attention to child sex crimes in region
- Cal Cunningham speaks about how growing up in Lexington shaped his values
- Senator Thom Tillis speaks about how his personal life shapes his political goals
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now