LOS ANGELES (WNCN) – Fayetteville’s J. Cole has won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Song.
Cole and 21 Savage were nominated for their song “a lot.”
The duo beat out Rick Ross, Nipsey Hustle, YBN Cordae and DaBaby.
Cole was nominated for four other Grammys this year.
Cole was born in Germany but raised in Fayetteville.
Also at the Grammys, Cole participated in a memorial for rapper Nipsey Hustle.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Girlfriend arrested after man stabbed, found dead in recliner at home, Harnett County deputies say
- 10+ COVID-19 cases detected in Wake County Public Schools, but teachers or students not specified
- Comparing the Biden and Trump tax plans: Will you pay more?
- Initiative closes off some streets in Durham to give residents more space outdoors
- Phones, email still out after ‘cyber incident’ hits Chatham County government, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now