LOS ANGELES (WNCN) – Fayetteville’s J. Cole has won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Song.
Cole and 21 Savage were nominated for their song “a lot.”
The duo beat out Rick Ross, Nipsey Hustle, YBN Cordae and DaBaby.
Cole was nominated for four other Grammys this year.
Cole was born in Germany but raised in Fayetteville.
Also at the Grammys, Cole participated in a memorial for rapper Nipsey Hustle.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mother of missing 15-month-old claims she is pregnant, unable to take polygraph test
- NC State vs. UNC: Roy Williams looking to become 3rd coach with 200 ACC wins
- It’s sweet and savory, but would you eat it? KFC’s Chicken & Donut Sandwich
- Photo of dog joining Ohio boy during timeout goes viral
- Man accused of raping, abusing infant sentenced to 4 years in prison
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now