(WJW) – Singer Mariah Carey continues to enjoy the success of her holiday classic “All I Want for Christmas Is You.”
At midnight on Friday, she debuted a new video for the song which has been a fixture at Christmas-time since it debuted 25 years ago.
Hours after its debut, the video had already been viewed more than 500,000 times on YouTube.
Carey hosted a live question-and-answer session for her fans before the video debuted.
This years marks the first time the song has hit No. 1 on the Hot 100 chart. The song’s previous record was No. 3 on the chart.
Carey has earned more than $60 million in royalties from the song since it debuted back in 1994. She was 24 when she recorded it.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers dies at 77
- Raleigh Parks cancels extremely popular Pullen Park Holiday Express event
- Clayton firefighter passes away due to COVID-19 complications, officials say
- NC Highway Patrol search for dog whose owner died in wreck on I-40
- LIVE: Thousands expected to honor Ginsburg at Supreme Court
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now