NEW YORK (AP) — Celebrities, beware: “Punk’d” is being revived. And this time Chance the Rapper is the one doing the punk’ing.
MTV Studios and Quibi said Friday they are teaming up to revive the show with Grammy-winner Chance the Rapper pranking unsuspecting A-listers.
No date was announced but the show will be available only on Quibi’s mobile video platform. Quibi is an upcoming short-video streaming service that’s backed by Hollywood studios.
“Punk’d” had an eight-season run on MTV, ending in 2007. The host back then was Ashton Kutcher and he got the better of such celebs as Justin Timberlake, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, and Frankie Muniz.
Chance the Rapper, whose name is Chancelor Bennett, saw his album “Coloring Book” become the first streaming-only album to be named best rap album at the Grammy Awards.
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
- Man seriously injured after being shot during carjacking in Fayetteville, police say
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now