NEW YORK (AP) — Coinciding with Pride Month, the Discovery Family cartoon series “My Little Pony” has introduced a same-sex couple on the show for the first time.
Writer-producer Michael Vogel told People on Thursday that the timing of the episode, “The Last Crusade,” is a happy coincidence. The episode introduces a lesbian couple, Aunt Holiday and Auntie Lofty. They care for Scootaloo.
The episode has already aired in Europe and will air in the United States on Saturday. In May, the animated children’s series “Arthur” on PBS showed the gay wedding of Arthur’s teacher, Mr. Ratburn.
- Officials: Cold beer cans found scattered around scene of rollover crash on I-540 in Raleigh
- Fire breaks out on 22nd floor of downtown Raleigh high-rise apartment building
- Wounded veteran from NC made threat about NY town hall, police say
- NC 15-year-old raped, robbed woman, police say
- Prison time for Durham clerk’s killer not long enough, friend of victim says
Co-showrunner Nicole Dubuc told Buzzfeed News the core of “My Little Pony” is to show what truly defines a family — love.