(CNN Newsource) – Jeopardy! is bringing the brain power!
The game’s top three winners will quiz their way toward $1 million.
Call it the “Battle Royale” of game shows, as Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter, and James Holzhauer compete in the challenge.
Here’s how it will work:
The three champs will compete in a series of matches. The first player to win three will receive a cool million and be crowned the “greatest of all time.”
The other two contestants will walk away with $250,000 each.
Each man boasts some pretty impressive stats already. Jennings won a record 74 games straight, Rutter hauled in the most money, and Holzhauer holds the title for top single-game winnings.
Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek says this competition should set the record straight on who is the best of the best.
It will air starting Jan. 7.
- Girl and woman among 5 dead after SUV crosses median on SC interstate
- 5 dead, 3 others seriously injured in crash along NC interstate
- Police arrest man they say posted neo-Nazi, white supremacist stickers in Virginia
- Apex uses sidewalks, street space to give restaurants extra outdoor seating
- SC deputy run over by his patrol car after it was stolen, suspect wanted
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now