TAMPA (CNN) – The Marvel movie universe is expanding.
Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige announced plans to introduce a transgender character.
Feige did not name the character or specify which movie would include the addition.
He did say it is a movie the studio is shooting right now.
Feige has overseen the release of 23 Marvel movies, beginning with Iron Man in 2008.
Feige points out one of Marvel’s goals is to be diverse and inclusive when it comes to female characters and characters of color.
- Arkansas police officer who allegedly threatened to shoot protesters charged in shooting death of fellow officer
- Second stimulus check: As White House signals support, payments become campaign issue
- Body found at Lake Piru, where officials believe actress Naya Rivera drowned
- 13-year-old shoots younger brother in head after game of ‘cops and robbers’
- Raleigh man killed in shooting at Burlington apartment complex
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now