Kobe Bryant’s widow, Vanessa Bryant, made a first public acknowledgment Wednesday since the death of her husband and one of their children, changing the profile photo on her Instagram account to one of the basketball legend and their 13-year-old daughter sharing a tender moment.
The retired NBA legend, his daughter Gianna, and seven other people were killed Sunday morning in Southern California in a helicopter crash.
Vanessa Bryant has not publicly spoken or released a statement. After the crash she made her Instagram page private. Wednesday it was public again with a new profile image.
In the photo, Kobe Bryant is wearing an NBA all-star warmup and leans over to put his arms around Gianna. The two smile sweetly as they embrace.
Vanessa and Kobe Bryant married in 2001. They had four daughters.
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Can’t make it to Memphis? Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- 4-year-old Arkansas boy develops serious condition resulting from COVID-19