RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Just little more than two months after “Stranger Things 3” premiered on Nexflix – the streaming giant announced the show would be back.
In a video posted to YouTube, the announcement ends with the tagline – “We’re not in Hawkins anymore.”
That line falls in line with the end of the wildly popular season three.
Joyce, Jonathan, Will and Eleven had left Hawkins following a showdown with the Russians and the shadow monster.
Nexflix said 40.7 million households watched the third season within the first four days of its release. And 18.2 million households finished the season within four days.
Durham natives and creators Matt and Ross Duffer have also signed a multi-year deal with Netflix.
A release date for season four was not announced.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Gov. Cooper to announce next steps for schools, reopening of NC next week
- Massive letters spelling out ‘Black Lives Matter’ painted in front of Trump Tower in NYC
- Santa teams up with the Capital City Clauses to spread holiday cheer in July
- Thursday, July 9th : Spread some cheer in July with Santa, Capital City Clauses
- Tonight at 5: Fayetteville Market House fire suspect speaks out