Talk about getting into character!
Actor Tom Hanks just found out Sunday that he’s related to Fred Rogers — the man who played Mister Rogers on the children’s TV show.
The two are sixth cousins, according to Ancestry.com.
Ironically enough, Hanks is playing Mister Rogers in the upcoming film, “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood”.
Hanks says he did not know they were related when he took the role in the film.
The actors share a fifth grandfather — who immigrated from Germany to America in the 18th century.
“It’s a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood,” premieres Nov. 22.
- Scientists discover the ‘Monkeydactyl’ — a Jurassic-era flying dinosaur with opposable thumbs
- Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff dies in North Carolina federal prison
- NC lawmakers: Making daylight saving permanent still timely
- Expert for the defense says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- My Pillow CEO says Costco has dropped his products