LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Stranger Things" actress Millie Bobby Brown has deleted her Twitter account after users posted memes depicting her as homophobic.
The memes featured photos of the 14-year-old with homophobic slurs.
It is not clear why she was targeted. The actress' publicist did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Thursday.
Brown has been a supporter of LGBTQ rights and created a secondary Twitter account Milliestopshate last summer that remains active.
Brown is set to return for the third season of the Netflix series.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO SHOWS NEW SHARPSBURG MAYOR'S CONFRONTATION WITH CBS 17 REPORTER
- NC MAN SECRETLY RECORDED GIRLS SHOWERING ON HIS MYRTLE BEACH YACHT, POLICE SAYY
- CBS 17 TEAMING UP WITH RED CROSS FOR CRABTREE VALLEY MALL BLOOD DRIVE
- VIDEO OF 96-YEAR-OLD WOMAN PATTED DOWN BY TSA DRAWS COMPLAINTS
- OLYMPIC SKIER BODE MILLER'S TODDLER DAUGHTER DROWNS IN POOL
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- NC death toll rises to 33 from Florence; I-95 reopens through the state
- Mayor of devastated New Bern hits 'Keep Pounding' drum before Carolina Panthers game
- Despite large donation, NC Diaper Bank says more diapers are needed
- FBI joins NC search for missing 6-year-old boy who vanished near lake