RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – One person was injured in a shooting just outside Raleigh in Wake County Friday afternoon, officials said.
The incident was reported around 4:30 p.m. in the 3000 block of Creech Road at the In and Out Food Mart, according to Eric Curry, Wake County Sheriff’s Office spokesman.
The shooting happened near southeast Raleigh.
Just after 5 p.m., Curry said deputies were investigating a report that a person wounded in a shooting had walked into WakeMed.
Curry later confirmed the person who walked into WakeMed was the shooting victim, a 20-year-old man.
The victim was in stable condition Friday night, Curry said.
There are no suspects in the shooting, according to Curry.
No other details were available.
- President Trump to announce Supreme Court nominee in Saturday White House ceremony
- 19-year-old charged with felony DUI in SC crash that killed 1, injured 2 children
- Car passenger dies after collision with SUV in Durham
- Man shot 3 times as street corner argument escalates in Durham, police say
- North Carolina Association of Educators express concerns about returning to school in person
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now