RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police are investigating after more than 10 shots were fired at an apartment building and multiple rounds struck an apartment with a family inside.
According to police, officers responded to a shooting call around 2:30 a.m. Thursday in the 5800-block of Pointer Drive.
A dozen rounds were fired from a parking lot towards an apartment building, police said. Three of those rounds hit an apartment where a mother and son were home.
Police said no one was injured and there are no suspects at this time.
It’s not clear if the building and/or the apartment that was struck were specifically targeted or if the shooting was random.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest offering service for Santa Claus to call children
- 3-day ticket blitz, 130 $100 citations for going maskless
- Group hosts celebration of life for Evelyn Boswell, whose mom is charged in her death
- Airlines hope proven cleaning techniques will bring passengers back to flying
- Possibly impaired driver smashes car into Raleigh flower shop, police say