HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The racing community is mourning the death of Balluzzo from injuries sustained during a crash at Saturday night’s modified feature at Langley Speedway.
Balluzzo was a 10-time champion at Langley Speedway.
A statement from Virginia Motor Speedway remembers Balluzzo as a chamption both on and off the track.
“He won the hearts of our fans with 11 track championships and a driving style that made him one of the most respected competitors we’ve ever known.”
Balluzzo was featured in a story by WAVY News 10’s Nathan Epstein last year after his daughter was diagnosed with pediatric Leukemia.
This is breaking news and will updated throughout the day.
Stay on WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video
- Franklin County health director slams Youngsville’s decision to hold Christmas parade Saturday
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations increase as NC has fewest available ICU beds amid pandemic
- SC man charged with killing 5-day-old son in Harnett County, deputies say