HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The racing community is mourning the death of Balluzzo from injuries sustained during a crash at Saturday night’s modified feature at Langley Speedway.
Balluzzo was a 10-time champion at Langley Speedway.
A statement from Virginia Motor Speedway remembers Balluzzo as a chamption both on and off the track.
“He won the hearts of our fans with 11 track championships and a driving style that made him one of the most respected competitors we’ve ever known.”
Balluzzo was featured in a story by WAVY News 10’s Nathan Epstein last year after his daughter was diagnosed with pediatric Leukemia.
This is breaking news and will updated throughout the day.
Stay on WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Woman says snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in apartment
- Can Congress save the live music industry before it’s too late?
- Several Central NC counties added to tornado watch as Hurricane Isaias winds hit 85 mph
- Mexican woman injured in fall while trying to climb border into US
- Fayetteville declares state of emergency ahead of Hurricane Isaias’ landfall