ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. (WJHL) — Lillyhanna Davis, the 10-year-old girl killed in a Tuesday morning drive-by shooting in Carter County, was laid to rest Saturday night.
The Central Elementary student was killed by a bullet that entered the wall of her home, striking her on the couch.
Family, friends and loved ones gathered at the Memorial Funeral Chapel to say their final goodbyes.
The private service began at 6 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway