GASTON COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) – A 12-year-old boy rushed to the hospital after he fell while climbing a rock wall at a popular trampoline park in Gaston County has died, Lowell police confirmed Friday.
The incident happened Wednesday at the Altitude Trampoline Park on East Franklin Boulevard. Police say the boy died Thursday evening.
There’s no word on what caused the boy to fall or how far he fell.
“There was injury at our park involving a 12-year-old child. We’ve been in touch with a representative from the family. We are getting updates on his condition periodically, and are not in a position to speak for the family,” the statement read from officials at the park Thursday. “We are taking every step necessary at the park.”
Officials say the rock-climbing area has been closed while officials investigate exactly what happened.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Student in custody after shooting, injuring 12-year-old at NC middle school
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- Publix failed to protect employee who died of COVID-19, lawsuit alleges
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House
- Apex Fire Department helps demonstrate how to not fry a turkey
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now