ANDERSON, S.C. (WSPA) – A teenager has died after he was electrocuted by a power line at his friend’s home in Anderson County, South Carolina.
The coroner identified the victim as Brayden Williford, 13, of Anderson.
Williford and several others were playing Sunday evening outside a friend’s home on Samuel Camp Road when Williford apparently struck a power line with a metal pole, according to the Anderson County Coroner’s Office.
Deputies and emergency responders performed CPR on the boy at the scene.
Williford was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead later Sunday night.
The coroner said Williford suffered cardiac arrest as a result of contact with the power line. His death has been ruled an accident due to electrocution.
- Yelp: 60 percent of businesses that closed due to COVID-19 are closed permanently
- Woman hit by car in North Raleigh; road closed
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Fayetteville remaining prepared despite Sally’s heavy remnants skipping over the city
- Ohio football players who carried police, fire flags on-field awarded scholarships
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now