RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – According to statistics from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, 1,908 new cases of COVID-19 were reported across the state Sunday.
This is the smallest single-day jump since Wednesday, but still the fifth-highest single-day total on record. Four of the worst five daily totals have come in the past five days.
The number of people currently hospitalized is down by 23 to 1,070, however, Sunday makes the seventh straight day of more than 1,000 people hospitalized.
The total number of deaths increased by four, bringing the new total to 1,503.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Record turnout: 1.8 million have already voted in presidential election
- Coronavirus stimulus vote delayed in US House, Mnuchin says agreement reached on checks if there is a deal
- Durham’s Hillside High School closed due to ‘probable positive’ case of COVID-19; county extends elementary school closure
- Biden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Local visually impaired students among many facing different set of challenges with virtual learning