SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – The Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced Monday afternoon two children who were abducted at knifepoint and considered to be in extreme danger were found safe in South Carolina.
Investigators said 2-year-olds Scarlet Lira and Kael Lira were abducted by 22-year-old Jose Portillo. Georgia’s AMBER Alert had been issued for the children.
According to police, the children and their mother were abducted at knifepoint early Monday morning.
Investigators said earlier that they thought Portillo may have been heading to California.
Portillo is still on the run, according to GBI. He may be traveling in a 2016 Kia Sorrento with Ga. license plate CAP7259.
Anyone with any information on his whereabouts should contact the Powder Springs Police Department at (770) 943-1616 or call 911.
- Trump tweets ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts’. Twitter adds ‘glorifying violence’ warning
- Teens in Florida county must take driving test remotely
- Minneapolis police station torched, other buildings burn amid George Floyd protest
- Hail the size of baseballs pummels Texas city
- Former TV weatherman sentenced to at least 4 years in child porn case
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now