SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – The Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced Monday afternoon two children who were abducted at knifepoint and considered to be in extreme danger were found safe in South Carolina.
Investigators said 2-year-olds Scarlet Lira and Kael Lira were abducted by 22-year-old Jose Portillo. Georgia’s AMBER Alert had been issued for the children.
According to police, the children and their mother were abducted at knifepoint early Monday morning.
Investigators said earlier that they thought Portillo may have been heading to California.
Portillo is still on the run, according to GBI. He may be traveling in a 2016 Kia Sorrento with Ga. license plate CAP7259.
Anyone with any information on his whereabouts should contact the Powder Springs Police Department at (770) 943-1616 or call 911.
- Crash closes eastbound lanes of I-40 north of Charlotte
- Woman shot at Thanksgiving family gathering in Raleigh; fines possible for COVID-19 violations, police say
- Family of woman hit by car after deadly shooting in Durham says he’s always worried for their safety
- Justin Timberlake donates new wheelchair accessible van for Tennessee teen
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments