HOLDEN BEACH, N.C. (WECT) — Two houses and a boat were destroyed Tuesday in an overnight fire in Brunswick County.
Crews responded to a report of a residential fire in the 100 block of Charlotte Street in Holden Beach shortly before 3 a.m.
According to Chief Douglas Todd with the Tri-Beach Volunteer Fire Department, two homes and a boat were fully involved as crews arrived on scene at 2:41 a.m.
Todd said the fire was under control around 3 a.m. and units remained at the scene putting out hotspots and conducting an investigation until 11:30 a.m.
Investigators said the fire caused approximately $450,000 worth of damages. It’s unclear what sparked the fire.
No injuries were reported.
Multiple departments from across Brunswick County responded to the scene to help put out the blaze.
Copyright 2018 WECT. All rights reserved.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Children ordered to sleep in bed with murdered brother’s body
- NEW NORTH CAROLINA LAWS TAKE EFFECT IN 2018
- COLD TEMPERATURES TODAY, SNOW TOMORROW
- WATCH: MAN RUNNING FROM POLICE DRIVES TRUCK OFF PIER INTO RIVER
- HISTORIC DUPLIN COUNTY CHURCH DESTROYED BY NEW YEAR’S DAY FIRE