RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Two people were injured when a car went off Glenwood Avenue Sunday night and smashed into the patio dining area of a popular pizza restaurant at Five Points, police said.
The incident was reported around 10:25 p.m. at Lilly’s Pizza at 1813 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh police said.
A white sedan was traveling into Raleigh on Glenwood Avenue when the driver left the road, according to police.
The car went onto the sidewalk and hit outdoor seating at the patio in front of Lilly’s Pizza.
Two people who were in the area suffered minor injuries when they were hit, police said.
Police did not say if the people who were hit were on the sidewalk or in the patio area when the crash happened.
The car was seen off the road after the incident and much of the patio furniture was scattered after the crash.
Inbound Glenwood Avenue was closed after the crash. There is no word on what caused the wreck.
Arrest records show that 20-year-old Cassidy Lori Stone, of Raleigh, is charged with driving while impaired in connection with the wreck.
Stone does not appear to be in jail as of Monday morning.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Friends mourn Smithfield dad who died while swimming in Cape Fear River
- Daughters save dad’s life after he has allergic reaction to bee sting
- Former Fort Bragg doctor joins NC State grad aboard International Space Station
- 1 taken to hospital after car plows into SC dentist’s office
- Triangle EMS workers responding to more heat-related calls
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now