RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Two men are facing charges in connection with a murder that occurred last weekend and resulted in the closure of a portion of Interstate 440.
Xavier Cortez Alston, 23, was arrested Friday just before 1 am. and Raekwon Quazai Williams, 23, was arrested at 10 p.m. Thursday. Both are facing charges in the shooting death of Arlo Dontel Ramsey, 44, of Durham, on Aug. 18.
Police were dispatched to a shooting call around 4 a.m. at the intersection of Hillsborough Street and Glenwood Avenue.
When they arrived they discovered Ramsey had been shot. He was taken to WakeMed where he later died.
As the investigation progressed, police were able to determine that Ramsey was not shot on Hillsborough Street.
Police later said that Ramsey was shot along I-440 westbound between New Bern Avenue and Brentwood Road.
A tip about the shooting location prompted police to close off a portion of I-440 westbound between New Bern Avenue and Brentwood Road, and an area near the Tower Shopping Center, as they looked for evidence.
Alston is charged with murder and Williams is charged with accessory after the fact to murder.
Alston is being held in the Wake County Detention Center without bond. No bond information is available at this time for Williams.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Cape Fear Valley Medical Center working on fix after victims billed as much as $5,000 for rape kits
- Police: Drunk driver runs red light, kills woman in Florida crash
- Dog attack leads to arrest of SC man on animal fighting, cruelty charges
- Suspect who killed Canadian military member in Florida sentenced to prison
- How apple cider vinegar helped woman shed pounds