CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) — Two adults were still hospitalized Sunday night after they were hit by a vehicle along Franklin Street earlier in the evening, police said.
The incident was reported just after 8:05 p.m. on Franklin Street at Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police Lt. R. Matthews.
The driver of the vehicle involved stopped at the scene.
The two pedestrians were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, but their conditions were not known late Sunday night, Matthews said.
No charges have been filed. Matthews said police are trying to determine the circumstances of the incident, including if the pedestrians were in a crosswalk.
No other information was released by police.
- Spring Lake man sought in deadly weekend shooting, officials say
- Sen. Tillis says impeaching Trump as a private citizen would set ‘dangerous precedent’
- RDU, other NC airports included in United Airlines sale with flights as low as $29
- Halting evictions, utility shutoffs led to fewer COVID-19 cases and deaths, Duke study says
- Wake County schools working on virtual plan for fall semester