CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) — Two adults were still hospitalized Sunday night after they were hit by a vehicle along Franklin Street earlier in the evening, police said.
The incident was reported just after 8:05 p.m. on Franklin Street at Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police Lt. R. Matthews.
The driver of the vehicle involved stopped at the scene.
The two pedestrians were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, but their conditions were not known late Sunday night, Matthews said.
No charges have been filed. Matthews said police are trying to determine the circumstances of the incident, including if the pedestrians were in a crosswalk.
No other information was released by police.
- Pair nabbed with 6.5 kilos of cocaine in arrest along I-95 in Nash County, deputies say
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off North Carolina coast
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest trio on firearms, drug-related charges
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show support for Trump
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now