GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – South Carolina officials said they have responded to an area home after a 2-year-old died after he accidentally shot himself Thursday afternoon.
According to a Greenville County Sheriff’s Office news release, deputies were called to the home on Dronfield Drive at around 1:30 p.m. in regards to a child who got a gun from inside of the home and accidentally shot himself.
When deputies got on-scene, they attempted to provide medical help to the child prior to EMS crews arriving and taking the child to the hospital.
While on the way to the hospital, the child was pronounced dead.
Sheriff’s office officials said deputies and investigators are still on scene and said the investigation is ongoing.
Latest news from CBS17.com:
- John Lennon’s killer says he sought glory, deserved death penalty
- Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in rebuke of Trump
- Single-dose vaccine tested as US experts say no corners cut
- Kentucky AG to announce results today in Breonna Taylor shooting death probe
- Wrestling legend ‘Road Warrior Animal’ dies at 60
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now