Ansonia Police received the report around 8:47 a.m. Wednesday. The 9-1-1 call was made by a woman on her way to work.
Caller: “I was driving to work on Main Street in Ansonia, and there’s a baby on top of a roof!”
Dispatcher: “Where’s the car with the baby on it?”
Caller: “No, there’s not a car. It’s the roof of a house!”– 9-1-1 call transcript 09/25/19, Ansonia 9-1-1 Emergency
The dispatcher promptly contacted police, and, upon arrival, police forced themselves into the house and were able to safely get the 2-year-old boy off of the roof.
An officer was able to talk to the toddler and keep him from moving around on the roof until he was rescued.
Police say the child did not appear injured, but was sent to the hospital as a precaution.
Police found the child’s father, David Hustek, 23, and the child’s aunt, Sarah Barker, 20, sleeping through the whole incident.
The house was found to be in deplorable condition, and was later condemned, according to police.
Hustek and Barker were both charged with Risk of Injury to a Minor, and Reckless Endangerment. They are both being held on a $10,000 bond and are scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 26th.
- Ohio car wash transforms into Halloween haunt
- No arrest 5 days after Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s kidnapping
- Brothers saved meth equipment in fire, left their grandmother to die, according to DA
- Sunday murder of Bojangles’ customer makes 2019 NC city’s deadliest year since 1995
- Duke ranked No. 4, UNC No. 9 in preseason AP basketball poll
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now