TURA BEACH, Australia (WCMH/CNN) — A community in Australia is in shock after as many as 20 kangaroos were found run over.
The kangaroos, including baby joeys, were believed to be run over by someone in a vehicle.
It happened late Saturday in New South Wales’ southern coast. A volunteer with the wildlife rescue group WIRES told CNN she had never seen anything like it. Residents woke up Sunday morning with kangaroos ‘strewn all over their lawns.’
Police have asked anyone with information to come forward.
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now