TURA BEACH, Australia (WCMH/CNN) — A community in Australia is in shock after as many as 20 kangaroos were found run over.
The kangaroos, including baby joeys, were believed to be run over by someone in a vehicle.
It happened late Saturday in New South Wales’ southern coast. A volunteer with the wildlife rescue group WIRES told CNN she had never seen anything like it. Residents woke up Sunday morning with kangaroos ‘strewn all over their lawns.’
Police have asked anyone with information to come forward.
- Wilson man dies after being shot in 911 caller’s front yard, police say
- Work-at-home offers are the most-common scam while many in NC are unemployed, BBB says
- Raleigh police investigating hazmat situation at nursing home
- At least 1 pulled from surf at NC coast amid rip current risk
- PHOTOS: Man walking dog along beach finds house washed away in OBX
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now